Monday, December 1, 2008

Honor to a Decorated World War II Veteran

Lloyd and I attended the funeral of my Uncle Jack who joined the Army as a 17 year old because he wanted to fight for his country in World War II. He was captured in the Battle of the Bulge in Belgium, and was a POW. He was released when the Germans surrendered in 1945. He was awarded several medals in his lifetime. He died at the age of 84. He had a full Military Burial, I was honored to call him my uncle. He was one of the men that fought and suffered for the freedom of others. I am thankful for men like him.

2 comments:

Bake Party of 6 said...

That's pretty awesome!

Anonymous said...

I read the e-mail from Grandpa about the funeral. That's pretty neat that even though it's been several years since he was on active duty he still gets a full military funeral complete with a jet flyover.